On this day we remember to honor our fallen soldiers. We are free, because they are brave. In fact, one of BLNDN's very own (and our co-founder's hubby) is on his way to retiring as a Naval Officer and gearing up to join the BLNDN ranks full time.
As we honor the men and women who have fought for our country, we decided to put together a little DIY for our BLNDN babes; it's the perfect Memorial Day look for barbecues and beach days.
No matter the time of year, beach-y looking waves are the go-to 'do for effortless style. One of our favorite ways to achieve this look without the heat is the scrunching technique:
- Wash hair and condition hair with a nourishing shampoo without a lot of weight, like NOURISH YOU. Pat dry with a towel, but not all the way through. Sopping wet hair is less than ideal to retain a wave, but slightly damp locks are perfect for creating waves.
- If you can, avoid reaching for the hair dryer, as this will dry the hair too quickly and ultimately end up straightening your locks.
- Apply a penny-sized dollop of SAVE YOU Balancing Cream onto wet hair to ensure the outcome here is tame waves. Comb through with a wide-toothed comb.
- Starting with a small section, pinch hair by the ends and twirl it just like you would swing a jump rope. (It's all in the wrists!) Keep twirling until your hair looks like a Red Vines—but don't let it go just yet.
- Coil the section into a tiny bun and give it one or two scrunches.
- Spray with BLNDN HOLD YOU hairspray to set, then release after a few seconds.
- Repeat all over entire head, without making the pieces all the same size. Some small, some large-- it makes for great texture! Use HOLD YOU continuously to set coils. Let air dry.
- Extra fun; tie with a cute headband in red, white, or blue, like our model.
Enjoy your heat-less waves, babes, and be safe this weekend!