In short, it's all in the technique.
- Ideally, start with damp hair; washing is fine if you must, but bonus points if you can lightly dampen second-day hair-- you’ll have more natural texture to work with. ( If skipping the shower is out of the question, it's imperative that you use a weightless shampoo and conditioner. Try QUENCH YOU , our super moisturizing shampoo that adds intense shine and hydration to oxidized hair without the weight. A weightless shampoo and conditioner, like NOURISH YOU , are imperative in achieving this look. A too-heavy 'poo and condition regime will leave hair sticking pancake flat to your scalp. Um, no thanks.)
- Part your hair down the middle, and really get in there for a precise, straight part.
- Lightly mist HOLD YOU, our light hold hairspray, all over, starting from the roots through the ends.
- Use a blow-dryer to rough-dry your hair, scrunching the ends as you go.
- When your hair is almost completely dry, finish blow-drying with a soft bristle brush to evenly distribute the product.
- In 1-2" sections, use a flat iron to curl just the ends of your hair. Take one piece of hair and roll it under, towards your head, with the flat iron. Release. The next section, curl the ends in the opposite way, away from your head.
- Using a 1" curling iron, wrap a few face-framing pieces of hair in the front. Hold the iron vertically to get the downward spiral. Leave the ends out, babe- you already bent these under.
- Lightly finger through the ends, pulling apart any sections that are stuck together or look too finished. Finish with a small, nickel-sized dollop of SAVE YOU to tame flyaways, reverse the heat damage, and add shine.